Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Bright Lights


I love who I am.  I believe in what I believe because it speaks to my heart.  I love art.  I love watching my own creations come to life.  I love short hair, knit hats, and cut off jeans.  I can listen to just about anything but I have a soft spot for up-beat music where the  acoustic guitar takes the spotlight.  I look forward to the times when I can get my hands dirty.  Every kind of weather is my favorite kind of weather because it speaks of the awe-inspiring power of nature.  Every ray of sunshine, every fallen leaf, every drop of rain, every wispy cloud, and every snowflake.  I love animals and want to do all I can to care for and protect them.  These creatures share this world with us, they are affected by our presence.  I love my family with all my heart.  I gaze forward to the day when I will feel such overwhelming love for one person that I choose to spend eternity with them.  I cry for the day when I will become a mother and raise children of my own.  I really like Oreos with milk.  I'm entranced by the glow of the hanging twinkle lights above my bed. Just like all of you, I am far from perfect.  I can be insecure and irritable.  I can never make up my mind and because I don't always know where my tangled emotions are leading me I tend to leave myself and the people who love me spinning in circles.  Disoriented and discombobulated we walk forward only to come crashing to the ground on top of one another.  And I know it was my fault, whether I meant it or not.  But I will always be there to pick up your pieces if you will let me.  Because if there is one thing I know, it is that everyone deserves a happy ending.  Each of you are in my life because I love you.  I promise you that I will never stop.  Ever.  



I am far from perfect.  But I'm making my way through this life step by step.  Every action, every interaction, every moment we ever experience leads us to who we have become.  This life is bright and beautiful.  It has its ups and downs.  But we must make the decision to accept the bad and appreciate the good.  When we can do that, our hearts will glow.  If you take a look around you and notice those people who've figured out, you will notice that they radiate the brightest lights of all.  
So let us shine on.

No comments: